What is Laser Hair Removal and TRITON
Laser hair removal is an effective way to use thermal energy to destroy the bulb of hair shafts in the active growing phase. This works because Melanin in the hair shaft absorbs the light which is then converted to heat. This heat is conducted to the surrounding stem cells and creates damage that results in permanent hair reduction.
The Triton is the industry’s highest tech and newest laser. It is different than other laser hair removal modalities because it allows the combination of different wavelengths to create a customized setting that can work on all skin types and hair colors including dark skin type VI and blonde hair.
What areas can be treated?
- Laser can be used almost anywhere on the face and body that permanent removal of hair is desired
- Not to be used around the eyes
- Not to be used on “peach fuz” type of hair
What to expect regarding procedure
- Length of procedure: 10-30 minutes per zone •Number of required visits: 3-6
- Pain level: low to moderate intensity during procedure
- Recovery time: mild skin erythema or swelling for 30min up to 8 hours
- We recommend to avoid direct sun exposure prior to or after procedure. Laser therapy should not be performed on recently tanned skin.
- Laser hair removal should not be performed over an area with a tattoo
- Effective therapy removes 75% or more of hair growth
- Pregnancy or nursing
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator or any electronic Implant such as glucose monitor
- Permanent implant in the treated area such as metal plates and screws, silicone implants or an injected chemical substance
- Current or history of cancer, especially skin cancer, or pre-malignant moles
- Impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV, or use of immunosuppressive medications
- Severe concurrent conditions such as cancer, cardiac disorders, epilepsy, uncontrolled hypertension, and liver or kidney diseases
- A history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area (prophylactic treatment may be given)
- Any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema and rash as well as excessively/freshly tanned skin
- History of skin disorders such as keloid scarring, abnormal wound healing, as well as very dry, cracked, ulcerated, infected and fragile skin
- Tattoos, permanent make-up, pigmented lesions (to be kept)
- Any medical condition that might impair skin healing
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders, such as diabetes or thyroid dysfunction
- Any surgical, invasive, ablative procedure in the treatment area in the last 3 months or before complete healing
- Use of Isotretinoin (AccutaneÒ) within 6 months prior to treatment
Most common treated areas
After Undergoing just 2 bikini treatments I have very little hair growing back. A bit uncomfortable, but not near as bad as I was expecting, excited to finish my treatments! – age 37
I have undergone only 1 laser treatment on my legs and have already seen a significant decrease in hair growth. I can’t wait for my next treatment – age 60
I was skeptical because of my light hair color, but after 2 treatments to my arm pits I hardly ever have to shave and any hair that grows is much softer – no more prickly feeling! – age 28