What is Morpheus8 ?
Morpheus8 is the most advanced microneedling procedure available today. The procedure can be completed on many different body parts where the goal is smoother, sleeker, and healthier looking skin.
- Morpheus8 is a fractional technology that delivers radiofrequency energy to the subdermal space.
- Deepest FDA approved fractional therapy
- Improves fine-lines and wrinkles
- Improves appearance of scars and stretchmarks
- Treats active acne, and acne scars
- Improves skin tone and remodels subcutaneous layer
- Morpheus8 works by creating thermal injury that in turn introduces new collagen growth and increases blood flow. Coated needles prevent injury to the epidermal layer
What areas can be treated?
- To improve wrinkles and fine lines
- For active acne
- For acne scars
- To resurface, decrease pore size and improve overall appearance.
- To improve wrinkles and fine lines and reduce loose skin
- To reduce “jowls” or remove small areas of fat
- Can be used to improve appearance of stretchmarks wherever they occur
- Can be used to improve appearance of surgical scars in all areas
- Can be used to reduce small areas of fat or loose skin such as above the knee, around the elbow, or on the mons pubis.
- Axilla (underarms)
- Can be used to treat hyperhidrosis and reduce sweat glands
- Can be used to treat wrinkles
- Can be used to treat excessive sweating
What to expect regarding procedure
- Arrive with clean skin free of any lotions, creams or makeup
- Treatment length: 20-60 minutes
- Pain intensity: low to moderate; patients should arrive 1 hour prior to scheduled treatment in order to allow for adequate anesthesia by applying a topical cream.
- Recovery: anticipate redness and swelling for several hours following procedure. Skin may become scaley or peel over the next 2-3 days
- Avoid all retinol products before and after procedure.
- Avoid direct sun exposure before and after procedure
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator
- Permanent implants in treated area such as metal plates, piercings or silicon
- Cannot have used Botox or other intradermal injections in the prior weeks/months.
- History of skin cancer
- Immunosuppressive disease or on medications for immunosuppression.
- History of abnormal wound healing
- Anticoagulant use
- Facial dermabrasion within last 3 months
- Laser within 2-3 weeks
- Use of Accutane within 6 months prior